Gateway 2019 applications are open
GATEWAY 2019…APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
Gateway is a premier course because it is specially Government funded to support students on their career journey.
Gateway students will identified as ‘workplace ready”. This means Gateway students are motivated, able to work independently, reliable, ready to learn new skills and able to listen effectively.
If you are keen ... apply!....you may be the very person an employer is looking for. Gateway is an opportunity to try out new careers, gain relevant qualifications, learn new skills, maybe get offered an apprenticeship/traineeship or even take a new career direction that you have now discovered!!
NOTE; Gateway students may use their experiences to move on to tertiary courses like Poly or University OR return to school from Year 12 motivated to get UE and NCEA L3. This is a flexible programme designed to meet your needs. Gateway students expect to get a minimum of 20 credits on the course
HOW TO APPLY….email to Mr King - email@example.com
GATEWAY application letter format;
What to include…
- Introduce yourself… full name, year level, contact details.
- Say why you want to be included in the Gateway 2019 programme.
- Talk about your personal strengths and weaknesses..eg…outgoing/time management…focus on the strengths of course!!
- Briefly outline your favourite/best subjects and which ones you struggle with…
- List/describe you extra-curricular activities at HVHS; eg..sports/clubs etc
- List/describe your interests outside of school….hobbies etc
- Discuss briefly what you think an employer would look for in a new employee…qualities/strengths and what might put an employer off!
- Describe your ‘ideal job’ in 2-3 sentences and briefly discuss possible career goals
- Finally, mention any possible employer contacts you might have that could be handy…eg family friend/relation...name the business/contact person. Sign off…send!!!
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 September.
WHEN APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED AND CHECKED YOU WILL BE INVITED TO AN INTERVIEW WITH YOUR PARENTS/CAREGIVERS