Hutt Valley High School welcomes applications from high quality education professionals. We are an equal employment opportunities employer.
Hutt Valley High School has a substantial reflective practice culture and is a restorative practices school. It’s academic, sporting and cultural strength pitches strongly at national level, and staff are expected to contribute both inside and outside the classroom.
1. Science with Biology Teacher, fixed term position for 2020. Applications close 27 September 2019.
2. Mathematics Teacher, fixed term maternity leave position Terms 1 and 2 2020. Applications close 27 September 2019.
3. PE Teacher, permanent position starting 2020. Applications close 27 September 2019.
4. Drama Teacher, permanent position starting 2020. Applications close 27 September 2019.
5. Mathematics Teacher, permanent position starting 2020. Applications close 27 September 2019.
Support Staff Vacancies
1. Office Team Lead
Do you have excellent payroll knowledge and even some experience with NOVOpay/EdPay?
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Office Team Lead with strengths in HR and payroll management to fulfil a recently formed support role within our administrative team.
You'll be someone who enjoys solving problems, coaching and developing a team, is patient, likes detail and skilled at explaining things clearly and who knows what it means to provide excellent customer service.
Our ideal candidate is
- Someone with a minimum of 3 years payroll experience
- A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with technology and keen to become a payroll expert
- An excellent communicator - both verbal and written
- Full of initiative and ability to self-manage and at the same time flexible to respond to what’s happening for the team
- A problem solver who takes pride in resolving tricky queries
- Good humoured, curious and upbeat
- Able to develop others to be better at some things than they are.
If you are looking for a supportive environment which is highly focused in the provision of support services to our teaching and learning leaders, then you are the sort of person who is likely to thrive in this role.
If this role sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Jodie Murden, Principal’s Assistant on 566 4584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An Application Form and Position Description can be downloaded below. Applications close 4.00 pm Monday 16 September 2019.
Information for Teachers Employed from Overseas
Immigration - New Zealand or Australian citizens or permanent residents seeking positions in New Zealand do not require work or resident permits. All other immigrant teachers require permits.
Overseas Qualifications - All overseas trained teachers require a New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessment for salary purposes. The website for further information and the guide and application form is NZQA – International Qualifications Teacher Registration
After you have received your NZQA assessment you can apply to the Teachers’ Council to process your application for registration. Refer Education Council.
For information on salaries and contracts in the Secondary Teachers Agreement please follow this link to the Ministry of Education site.
Hutt Valley High School is a New Zealand Immigration Accredited Employer. Overseas applicants please apply directly.