Hutt Valley High School welcomes applications from high quality education professionals. We are an equal employment opportunities employer.
Hutt Valley High School has a substantial reflective practice culture and is a restorative practices school. It’s academic, sporting and cultural strength pitches strongly at national level, and staff are encouraged to contribute both inside and outside the classroom.
1. Science - Head of Learning Area (HOLA), 4MU, start Term 2 2020.
We seek an innovative, enthusiastic, future-focused leader who can inspire our students and staff. The successful applicant will lead a large experienced and well-resourced learning area. Commitments to wellbeing, student agency and Māori achievement are expected. Applications close 7 February 2020 at 4.00 pm.
2. Science - fixed term maternity leave position for Term 1 2020. Applications close 9 December 2019 at 4.00 pm.
Support Staff Vacancies
1. Part-time Foods Technician
Do you have excellent customer service experience and enjoy working with young people?
Hutt Valley High School is a large co-ed secondary school situated in the heart of Hutt City offering a wide range of teaching and learning opportunities for our students.
We are looking to appoint a fixed-term (2020) Foods Technician to work 4 days (12 hours per week) term-time only.
You'll be someone who enjoys solving problems, being part of a team, is patient, likes detail and working to deadlines and who knows what it means to provide excellent customer service.
Our ideal candidate is;
- Someone with experience working with young people in a secondary school foods technology setting
- A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with stock management
- Has Food Safety NZQA Units 167 and 168
- Full of initiative and ability to self-manage and at the same time flexible to respond to what’s happening for the team
- A problem solver who takes pride in resolving tricky issues
- Organised and reliable
- Accommodating and resourceful
- Good humoured, curious and upbeat
If you are looking for a supportive environment which is highly focused in the provision of a wide range of learning pathways, then you are the sort of person who is likely to thrive in this role.
Please review the job description and complete the application form accessible on the vacancy link.
If this role sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Craig Braun, Business Manager on 570 3556 or email email@example.com. Applications close 4.00 pm Thursday 19 December 2019.
Please follow this link to apply: https://schooljobs.nz/Job/Part-time-Foods-Technician/Wellington/148
2. Itinerant Music teacher positions at Hutt Valley High School
We are looking for dynamic teachers to fill the following positions:
1) 2 hours per week Brass
2) 2 hours per week Percussion
3) 1.5 hours per week Flute
4) 4 hours per week Songwriting for Wellness
5) 2 hours per week Sound Technology with a focus on live performance.
A job description and application form are able to be downloaded below. Please send your CV and application to the Head of The Arts Learning Area, Grace Davey, firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 20 December at 4.00 pm.
Job Description - Music Itinerant
Information for Teachers Employed from Overseas
Immigration - New Zealand or Australian citizens or permanent residents seeking positions in New Zealand do not require work or resident permits. All other immigrant teachers require permits.
Overseas Qualifications - All overseas trained teachers require a New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessment for salary purposes. The website for further information and the guide and application form is NZQA – International Qualifications Teacher Registration
After you have received your NZQA assessment you can apply to the Teachers’ Council to process your application for registration. Refer Education Council.
For information on salaries and contracts in the Secondary Teachers Agreement please follow this link to the Ministry of Education site.
Hutt Valley High School is a New Zealand Immigration Accredited Employer. Overseas applicants please apply directly.