Hutt Valley High School welcomes applications from high quality education professionals. We are an equal employment opportunities employer.
Hutt Valley High School has a substantial reflective practice culture and is a restorative practices school. It’s academic, sporting and cultural strength pitches strongly at national level, and staff are expected to contribute both inside and outside the classroom.
1. Teacher of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori, Long term reliever for 2020 to cover study leave, Helping to introduce a new core Y9 tikanga Māori course, as well as te reo Māori classes. Applications close on 28 October at 4.00 pm.
2. English Teacher, fixed term position for 2020. Please state other subjects. Applications close on 8 November at 4.00 pm.
3. Technology Teacher, permanent, regraded position, starting 2020. Applications close on 8 November at 4.00 pm.
Support Staff Vacancies
1. School Librarian - Team Lead
Do you, or someone you know, have a passion to resource the curriculum, enhance literacy and support information literacy skills for teachers and students within a school library?
We are looking for a passionate, experienced librarian with strengths in information literacy skills to fulfil a recently formed Team Lead role in our school library from 2020. This is a full time (37.5 hours) term-time-only position with additional set-up days at the beginning of the year.
You'll be someone who enjoys solving problems, coaching and developing a team, is patient, likes detail and is skilled at explaining things clearly and who knows what it means to provide excellent customer service.
Our ideal candidate is
- Someone with a minimum of 3 years library experience
- A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with technology and keen to become an information literacy skills expert
- An excellent communicator - both verbal and written
- Full of initiative and ability to self-manage and at the same time flexible to respond to what’s happening for the team
- A problem solver who takes pride in resolving tricky queries and resource requests
- Good humoured, curious and upbeat
- Able to develop others to be better at some things than they are.
If you are looking for a supportive environment which is highly focused in the provision of support services to our teaching and learning leaders, then you are the sort of person who is likely to thrive in this role.
If this role sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Jodie Murden, Principal’s Assistant on 566 4584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an Application Form and Position Description, please see our website www.hvhs.school.nz. Applications close 4.00 pm Friday 1 November 2019 and must include the Application Form.
Information for Teachers Employed from Overseas
Immigration - New Zealand or Australian citizens or permanent residents seeking positions in New Zealand do not require work or resident permits. All other immigrant teachers require permits.
Overseas Qualifications - All overseas trained teachers require a New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessment for salary purposes. The website for further information and the guide and application form is NZQA – International Qualifications Teacher Registration
After you have received your NZQA assessment you can apply to the Teachers’ Council to process your application for registration. Refer Education Council.
For information on salaries and contracts in the Secondary Teachers Agreement please follow this link to the Ministry of Education site.
Hutt Valley High School is a New Zealand Immigration Accredited Employer. Overseas applicants please apply directly.