Old Sports Page
Click here for a 2015 Registration Form
The HVHS sport programme offers a great opportunity for students to: ‘be inspired and supported in their pursuit of personal excellence and well being’ and at the same time have fun through physical activity. In order to provide a full sports programme, HVHS has a sports department which manages the provision of all major codes as well as whole school sports events, school exchanges and representative tournaments.Building stronger relationships with our local community, who provide the hands on assistance throughout all sport, is a continual focus of the school. Our guiding values for our sports programme include recognising and supporting excellence with a focus on the athlete’s needs, promoting respect for all involved through fair play principles, commitment, recognition of volunteer support and the development of all the sport program’s key stakeholders. In recent times the focus on the delivery of our sport programme prompted the following initiatives:
- A dedicated sports department structure set up including employment of Director of Sport, and part time Sports Co-ordinator.
- A HVHS Sports Club/Board set up to include Director of Sport, major code conveners, executive staff and student sport council representatives.
- Major code ‘steering’ committees formed and resourced mostly by members of the school community who are passionate about the sport.
- Programme to acknowledge and recognise parents and teachers involved in providing sports.
- Programme to encourage and utilise senior students involvement in organising major sports events as well as coaching or managing teams.
Athletics, Lawn Bowls, Cricket, Cross Country, Dragonboating, Golf, Sailing, Volleyball, Croquet, Tennis, Touch Rugby
Badminton, Basketball, Netball, Table Tennis, Hockey, Rugby, Rugby League, Football, Underwater Hockey, Waterpolo.
Other (various seasons)
Mountain Biking, Triathlon/Multi Sport, Squash (through local club), Skiing.
Other/recreational opportunities include:
- Get2go – Junior Multi Event Competition
- Spirit of Adventure
- School Exchanges
We are always looking for willing volunteers for ALL levels of school sport. If you are interested in volunteering next year, or just have inquiries about what this might entail, please contact: Jacinta, Meghan or Michelle in the Sports Department on 04 566 4584, or send an email to email@example.com.
To contact the Sport Department you can email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.