Marlborough Camp Update

Morning 

The weather has settled and we are all ready to send kids away on camp - but sadly the Picton Ferry have still not solved their boarding and ticketing issues. We are watching their website closely and are hopeful that they will be able to take foot passengers from Picton soon. We will not be sending any camps south until we are totally assured that we can get our kids home!

Our Year 9 Deans report that everything is ready and waiting for our students to arrive.

We were able to reschedule the first 2 camps that were cancelled but have not been able to reschedule the recently cancelled camps as the provider in Picton already had other bookings on his schedule.

We are working with the Picton Ferry and the Marlborough Sounds Outdoor Company regarding refunds for the cancelled camps and Ferry crossings. At this stage it appears that we may be liable for some of the perishable foods purchased for our kids, but should receive most of our money back. Our Business Manager will advise families as soon has he has specific details to share.

Where a camp has been cancelled and unable to be rescheduled we have tried to accommodate the group into the Wellington based Activity Days (Amazing Race and Days Bay Outdoor Pursuits) . Students will receive emails detailing where they should be and when. The cost of the Wellington Activity Days is $20 - which will be taken from the money already paid.

The camps due to go out Saturday, Sunday and into next  week are dependent on the progress that the Interislander makes with its Picton berth. We will make a decision at 2pm each day and advise families via our website and email.